This guide will give you a step by step instructions on adding redirect links to buttons on your overlay campaigns.
Using When editing an overlay in your Dashboard select the Advanced option from the dropdown menu in the top right corner of your screen where you see this icon:
In order to add a direct link to a button, you will need to select the button element on your overlay canvas.
Once you have selected the button element on your overlay you should be presented with the following:
On the left side of the screen, you will see settings to adjust the button element.
The second section of setting edits will allow you to add a 'Trigger when Clicked' to your button.
When selecting the dropdown menu for the Trigger when Clicked option, you will be presented with the following:
In this section you will find options for controlling the action behind the button.
- Ignore - This will dismiss any actions carried out on the button and will look for any parent triggers.
- Nothing - This option will simply stop here and do nothing when clicked.
- Dismiss - This will close the overlay
- Go to Step - This will allow you to add a section step to your overlay which would present a second screen visual for your overlay. This is usually used to create a Reveal Code button that links to a second screen to reveal a discount code on Step 2.
- Go to Web Address - This option will allow you to add a redirect link behind the button so when clicked it redirects to a custom URL.
If you select the Go to Web Address option you will see the following on your screen where you will be able to add your custom URL behind the button.
Using the Button element to add redirect links is the best method to create seamless overlay designs and gives the ability to track impressions and clicks in your Dashboard analytics.