Search Promotions provide an additional outlet to promote key campaigns and boost on-site engagement within your search results.
In this article we will take a look at creating a Custom Promotion.
The custom option allows you to create a bespoke campaign to promote key information, relevant offers and to direct customers to a specific page.
Setting up a Custom Search Promotion
- Select Search from the main navigation and click the Promotions tab. Here you will find the New Promotion button to set up a new promotion unit. From here, name your promotion and click Add.
Alternatively, if you would like to edit an existing promotion select the Edit Promotion button on your chosen campaign.
- Once you have clicked Add, you will see a preview of the search display, including how your promotion will look when live.
- Click Edit Promotion to see the editing panel.
The Details tab contains the editing options for your promotion name and a start and end date for scheduling your campaigns in advance.
This also allows you to select a time of your choosing for when the promotion should switch on and off. This may be left blank if you would rather use the status option to manually enable or disable your promotion.
Designing a Custom Promotion
- To begin select the Custom icon within the Design tab.
- Use the Headline field to add headline text to your Search Promotion.
- Utilise the Text field to add text to the main body of your promotion campaign.
If you would like to change the colour, text alignment and style use the icons beneath each of the fields for text changes.
- If you would like to upload an image to your promotion select the Image Upload button.
Please note: the image dimensions for a Search Promotion are 230px x 348px with a 34px border.
- If you would like to use a block colour in the background instead of uploading an image use the colour option next to the Image Upload button.
- A call to action can be added to your Custom Promotion if you would like to add a link and button to your campaign.
- Use the Enter Text option to type your CTA and then the Enter Link button to add the URL you’re directing traffic to.
- Click Save to save the changes made to your promotions campaign.